Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Buttons, Ribbons and Bows

This cake was a 'just for fun' and 'practice' cake. I got a new nifty fondant press that I really wanted to try.  I used some fondant I already had made and tinted it some pretty pastels.

I like this cake.  The idea of it would be GREAT for a baby shower or first birthday - but I think I would try this with a different shaped cake.  The fondant had a tendency to droop because the cake was so tall - this might be more successful on a square cake.

Still it's super cute and I can think of all kinds of applications for ribbons, bows and buttons!







If you live in the Vancouver WA/ Portland OR area and are looking for a fun and personal cake for your next event - contact me for details!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments and questions! But like everyone I want to keep my page protected and positive. Comments will be moderated. Thank you for your understanding!