Thursday, June 20, 2013

Owl Cake

My teenage daughter wanted to celebrate the last day of school with a little party at our house. And she wanted a cake. I was happy to oblige on both counts :)

Right now Owls are BIG.  They are on t-shirts, jewelry, home decor, art work - you name it!  My daughter loves them! And what's not to love? They are Cute, Sweet, Thoughtful, Quiet, Wise and Fun.

For this cake she wanted something 'cartoonish' not realistic. I went for Retro colors and I think it turned out adorably!  I used fondant, sugar and Candy Melts.

I'll definitely be making more owl cakes - I want to try a sleepy owl, a wise Graduation owl, a 'girly' owl - the possibilities are endless!










If you are looking for a fun and personal cake for your next party and you live in the Vancouver / Portland area contact me!

4 comments:

  1. I think this must be my favorite. Adorable!!! Great work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment! I agree it is adorable - can't wait to try another owl cake :)

      Delete
  2. Oh, my goodness!! Super duper cute:) You are one talented lady!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments and questions! But like everyone I want to keep my page protected and positive. Comments will be moderated. Thank you for your understanding!