Thursday, August 8, 2013

Chocolate and Raspberries? Yes Please!



I found the loveliest raspberries this week at the grocery store.  You know the ones - they are ripe and beautiful and in season and CHEAP.  And you think - 'What?! I can buy a Half Flat for only $11?? In winter one of those tiny little trays costs me $4!'

And so I found myself with a plethora of fresh raspberries and no plan.  So I made a simple raspberry jam on the stove today and decided to use that as a filling for my next cake :) And since I have friends coming over on Friday - what better time to kill two birds with one stone?  Raspberries and Chocolate cake!


For this cake I decided to do a Chocolate cake that uses sour cream, coffee and almond extract instead of Vanilla.  YUM! And a decadent chocolate buttercream icing.  Filled with the aforementioned raspberry jam and topped with - you guessed it - more raspberries!


I had fun doing this cake - it was nice to take a break from Fondant for a while and get out the piping bag :) This cake is classic and simple and elegant - I love it!

If you live in the Vancouver WA/ Portland OR area and would like a cake for your next special occasion - send me a message!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments and questions! But like everyone I want to keep my page protected and positive. Comments will be moderated. Thank you for your understanding!