Thursday, August 22, 2013

Tardis Cake

So I had an email a few weeks ago from a visitor to my blog (it works!, it works! lol) This lovely gal wanted me to create a Tardis cake for her boyfriend's birthday as he is a big fan of the show "Dr. Who". Having a son who is also a big fan of the show - I knew EXACTLY what she was talking about :)

The biggest challenge of this cake was the proportions and clean lines.  I'm learning that my strong suit is 'eye-balling', 'winging it', and being 'artistic'.  Clean lines and exact measurements are CHALLENGING in SUGAR, LOL!  My husband, the engineer, thinks this is a character deficit but I just tell him - this is why I married YOU - so you can do all the math.  Hahaha.

Back to the cake :)

This is a rich Devils Food cake with a butter-cream and strawberry layer.  I was worried that I wasn't being heavy handed enough with the coloring to find that rich dark blue of the Tardis - but it 'aged' PERFECTLY.  

Enjoy!






 If you are looking for a cake for your next special occasion and you live in the Vancouver WA/ Portland OR area - send me a message!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments and questions! But like everyone I want to keep my page protected and positive. Comments will be moderated. Thank you for your understanding!