Sunday, July 14, 2013

Fondant Roses!

I blogged earlier about wanting to learn how to do my own sugar flowers.  I must admit that roses are, have been, my nemesis. I've tried them in buttercream and I've tried them in royal icing.  In both cases they were cute - but soft edged and more like a rosette than a real rose.  That changed for me this weekend.

After reading up on fondant roses and the different techniques and variations I decided to just relax and play around with making my own.  I made up some fondant and colored it in some really pretty sherbert-y colors;  coppery peach, sunflower yellow, lemon yellow, orange and marbled combinations of all of the above.

These are time consuming and delicate.  They dry quickly and break easily.  They are finicky and fussy.  And they are SO PRETTY!!


I had so much fun making these that I threw a cake together to have somewhere to 'use' them LOL.

I love, love, love, love (yep x4!) how these turned out.  I will not be afraid again.  In fact I'm pretty sure I see more flowers in my future :)



 




If you are wanting a special cake for your next event or special occasion and you live in the Vancouver WA/ Portland OR area - send me a message!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments and questions! But like everyone I want to keep my page protected and positive. Comments will be moderated. Thank you for your understanding!