Thursday, July 4, 2013

Forth of July Cake!

It's ironic that as Canadians we celebrate the Fourth of July every year - but since moving to this country a decade or so ago we have found that this holiday is just FUN! Full of patriotic spirit, lots of good time spent well with friends and family and lets not forget the *fireworks*!!

This year it's a true Canadian invasion at our house as my parents, brother and his family and some of my best friends are all visiting from"up North" over the Fourth of July.  Its a treat to get to show them how our American neighbours celebrate their country's independence (incidentally Canada Day is celebrated on July 1st) and so I made a Cake to celebrate. Not being American I choose to pay homage by using the American flag colours on a pretty cake covered in hand-made fondant blossoms.

I love, love how this cake turned out!








 If you live in the Vancouver WA/ Portland OR area and would like a cake for your next family gathering or party - contact me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments and questions! But like everyone I want to keep my page protected and positive. Comments will be moderated. Thank you for your understanding!