Sunday, July 21, 2013

Rose Cake

Having tackled fondant roses last week with so much fun and success I dedcided to try to make this 'Rosette' cake I had seen on Pinterest.  This was SUPER easy once I got the hang of it.

A girlfriend of mine who also decorates cakes thinks this would be beautiful in three tiers as a wedding cake and I must agree - I think that would be stunning!







The on-line picture I saw had used edible colored spray paint to tint the roses and bring out the texture.  I only had silver paint left (left over from the drum cake I did a couple months back).  I think that next time I do this I will just use tinted buttercream instead of the edible paint.  I like them both - but you decide which you prefer :)








If you need a cake for your next party or event and live in the Vancouver WA/ Portland OR area - message me or leave a comment for details!

2 comments:

  1. I think the silver looks cool, it makes it look almost like pearls

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments and questions! But like everyone I want to keep my page protected and positive. Comments will be moderated. Thank you for your understanding!